The POLISS consortium consists of 7 main partners (who are recruiting PhD students) and 14 associated partner organisations (who contribute to training and research activities). The 14 associated partners span local governments, development agencies, international organizations, research institutes and private companies. POLISS brings together a diverse set of actors from all the fields contributing to SmartSpec; therefore it adopts a multidisciplinary approach by integrating their insights and knowledge.
Each of our associated partners is instrumental in delivering the project and is responsible for one or several of the following tasks:
- Provision of secondments in an industry environment
- Access to and transfer of knowledge from academia to industry
- Exploitation of results for future commercial applications
- Co-supervision of PhD students
- Awarding PhD degree to students hosted by non-academic partners