The Supervisory Board will supervise the General Assembly in its decisions regarding the day-to-day management of the POLISS Innovative Training Network. It comprises the scientist-in-charge from each of the beneficiaries in the POLISS network, three representatives of partner organisations and one elected ESR. The board is chaired by the Scientific Coordinator of the project.
The Supervisory Board has the following tasks:
- Oversee the quality of the POLISS programme
- Ensure that the skills acquired by researchers fulfil the needs of both academia and the non-academic sector and enhance intersectoral employability
- Establish an active and continuous communication, fostering exchange and community building among members to maximise the benefits of the ITN
- Oversee the quality of supervision of the ESRs
- Supervise and advise the work of the General Assembly in the performance of its management tasks
- Appoint the programme gender representative.
Supervisory Board members
Chair: Andrea Morrison
Beneficiaries: Rune Dahl Fitjar, Ron Boschma, Simona Iammarino, Pedro Marques, Stefano Breschi, Michaela Trippl and Atilla Varga.
Partner organisations representatives: Sjoerd Hardeman (Rabobank Group), Chantale Tippett (NESTA) and Raffaella di Lorio (Provincia Autonoma di Trento)
ESR representative: Charles Abbott